Vastu Shastra Home Design is used from the ancient Indian system of architecture and design to coordinate buildings and spaces with natural elements and energies.Vastu comes from the Sanskrit language, meaning dwelling or house, and shastra means knowledge or science. It contains details of design, layout, measurement, ground preparation, arrangement, and spatial geometry, which are then used in the construction of buildings.
The purpose of Vastu Shastra for home is to integrate architecture with nature. It promotes well-being, prosperity, and spiritual growth and is considered a guide to creating living spaces.
Table of Contents
Origin of Vastu Shastra
In ancient times, the Indian system of architecture and design used vastu with principles related to the construction of buildings and their alignment with natural elements.
Vastu shastra originated from ancient Vedic texts, particularly Vedas (oldest scriptures of Hinduism). From time to time, the development of its principles was passed down from oral tradition to being documented in written form.
Vastu Shastra Home Design: Some Critical Principles Explained Below
- Five elements: It is believed in Vastu Shastra that everything in the universe, including our bodies, is composed of 5 elements. The five elements of Vastu Shastra are Earth (Prithvi), Water (Jal), Fire (Agni), Air (Vayu), and Space (Akash).
- A well-designed space balances all five elements to create a positive atmosphere. The whole universe is considered to be made out of these five elements.
- Directions: The importance of the direction of the building is to have a better house design, which helps in implying positive energy and nullifying negative energy. The main directions and their sub-directions play a crucial role in Vastu Shastra for Home.
Each Direction and Its Sub-direction Are Associated With Specific Elements and Energies. For Example
- The North direction is associated with wealth and prosperity, and the northeast is associated with religion and trinity.
- East direction is associated with progress & growth, and southeast is associated with energy, vigor, and strength.
- The south direction is associated with the poor, and the southwest is associated with purity and cleanliness.
- The west direction is associated with water, and the northwest is associated with Air.
Vastu Shastra Home Design
There is no difference between the vastu practiced in ancient times and the vastu shastra in modern times. Both of them are similar. Only the process and approach have been modified by the time and the present-day needs.
The shape of structures and directions of vaastu are the two important components of the updated vastu.
As per Vastu Shastra, all the cardinal directions that a home faces- East, West, North, and South of them are considered good. In Vastu, 9 out of 32 gates are considered to be propitious for the home entrance.
North-facing Vastu Shastra for home
The North direction is dedicated to the god of wealth. If the house is designed according to the Vastu, then it can be brimming with positivity and prosperity. The main entrance of the house should be towards the North or Northeast direction for positive energy flow.
South-facing Home Vastu Shastra Plan
Most buyers tend to run a bit weary in this direction of home. These misconceptions can be engraved with the right house plans with Vastu, which helps bring positivity, happiness, peace, and prosperity.
According to Vastu Shastra, the main entrance should ideally be in the North, East, or Northeast direction.
East-facing Home Vastu Shastra Plan
An east-facing house is considered advantageous for homeowners. According to house plans with vastu east facing are blessed with good fortune and luck. East-facing house seeks maximum positive energy and good health.
In this direction of the home, the main entrance should be in the middle. It should not be in the South-east or North-east because these two corners are considered inauspicious, according to Vaastu.
West Facing Home Vastu Shastra Plan
Most homeowners usually prefer the west-facing house because they are considered inauspicious. It’s only a myth which is due to the lack of understanding and misinterpretation of the vastu shastra.
There are some homeowners who don’t prefer west-facing houses, and on the other hand, experts say that the west direction brings wealth and prosperity.
Vastu Shashtra for Office
Vastu shastra principles are used while constructing an office or any commercial building to bring luck and fortune. Vastu can bring prosperity and holistic well-being to the workspace. The main entrance should be located in the north, northeast, or northwest direction.
Benefits of Vastu Shastra Home Design
- Vastu principles help to create harmony and balance in the living or working space and also create a sense of well-being.
- Proper implementation of Vastu Shastra enhances the positive energy flow within the premises.
- Vastu principles also help in building better relationships with family members.
- By the correct use of Vastu, Shastra is believed to enhance your fate and boost positivity.
Vastu Shastra Home Design is a guideline for the best architecture. It is not necessary to apply all the principles, and one should include them according to his personal preference. Don’t worry if you already own a home or are about to rent an apartment. There are several tips that you can use to figure out if the place is compatible with a vastu-compliant home.