Your wardrobe should be able to hold all your clothes and divide clothing according to your day-to-day needs and occasions. In this article, we’ll share some of the best wardrobe designs.
Table of Contents
What is a Wardrobe?
A wardrobe is a piece of furniture used to store clothing. Wardrobes can be built into the wall or freestanding. There is a wide variety of styles, sizes, and materials to choose from. The simple wardrobe is just a single hanging rod. While the other modern wardrobe design comes with shelves, drawers, and other storage options.
Traditionally, they are used in bedrooms, but they can also be found in other rooms such as home offices. It is not just a place to store clothes, but they can also be used to create a feeling of order and organization in a space. It is essential to consider the user’s needs and the available space.
Need of Wardrobe in Your Home.
It can be a great addition to any bedroom to have a wardrobe in it. It not only provides extra space for clothing but also adds a touch of style to the room. If you have a small bedroom, then a bedroom wardrobe can help you make the most of what you have. There are many reasons why you might need a wardrobe in your bedroom.
If you have a lot of clothes and want to save space or you want to add style, then there are many different styles of wardrobes to choose from, so you can find them according to your needs and preferences.
Difference Between Wardrobe, Almirah, Closet and Cupboard
There is so much confusion when it comes to differentiating between a wardrobe, an almirah, a closet, and a cupboard. A wardrobe design can be a standalone piece of furniture that is typically taller and narrower than an almirah or closet, or it can be free-standing or built-in.
They also have doors that are closed. An almirah is commonly used in Indian households. They are usually made of wood and have multiple shelves and doors. A closet is a space for storing clothing and other items.
They can be built-in or free-standing, and they also have doors to keep things hidden. A cupboard is a type of wardrobe design that is used in kitchens for storing dishes and other kitchen items. They can also be used in bedrooms and bathrooms for storing towels, linens, and other personal stuff.
What is the Best Place to Put a Wardrobe in a Bedroom?
Bedrooms should be equipped with wardrobes against a wall. By doing this, you won’t have to worry about it taking up too much space, and it will be out of the way. Additionally, you will be able to access all of your clothes easily. In a small bedroom, you might consider putting the wardrobe in the closet to make it more space-efficient.
Some Tips for Better Wardrobe Planning
Most people have a closet full of clothes they never wear or clothes they only wear on special occasions. You need to plan your wardrobe design for the bedroom or any other room to get the most out of your wardrobe. Divide your clothes into two sections. The first section includes the clothes you regularly wear, and the other area consists of the clothes you always need to reach for.
This will help you determine what pieces are worth keeping and which ones can be decluttered. Once you know what all you need, then create a list of items that will round out your bedroom wardrobe and make getting dressed each day easier, be sure to consider the seasons when making the list of items.
Make sure to shop exactly what you need before heading to the store. This will help you avoid excess shopping and stay on budget. The northeast direction in the corner is the best place for wardrobe design because it will not block the door or the window and will get the most sunlight. A good wardrobe size for the master bedroom is 24 inches deep, 60 inches wide, and 80 inches tall.
This sized wardrobe design will give you plenty of space to store your clothes and other items. Consider adding drawers or shelves to add more storage to the wardrobe. In the bedroom, a wardrobe should be placed against the wall. This way, it will take less space, and it will be easy to access all of your clothes. We are going to show you some of the best wardrobe design for the bedroom, too.
What is the Best Way to Arrange My Bedroom Wardrobe?
Every bedroom needs a wardrobe for storage. But how do you organize your wardrobe design to be functional and stylish? Tips to keep in mind:
- Take a few minutes to think about how you want to organize your wardrobe before you begin. Would you like it organized by season? What type of clothing do you wear? What color is it? Once you have a plan, you will find it easier to put everything in place.
- You don’t have to arrange your clothes on hangers in a straight line. Use all your space. Make use of the shelves and drawers in your wardrobe for additional storage. Then, you won’t have to worry about wrinkles or clothes getting lost in the back of the closet due to your organized wardrobe design.
- Consider storing out-of-season clothes in another closet or under the bed if you only wear them during certain seasons. As a result, you will have more space in your bedroom wardrobe for items you use more frequently.
- Hang purses, belts, and other accessories from hooks or baskets: Hooks are a great way to hang bags, belts, and other accessories. The use of baskets is wider than storing folded clothes or blankets.
Types of Closet Wardrobe Design
There are so many types of wardrobe designs available to choose from. These are some of the most popular styles:
1. Standard wardrobe closet: This is the most basic and classic wardrobe design. It contains only shelves and hanging space.
2. Walk-in wardrobe closet: It is larger and more spacious than the standard one. It contains multiple units and can also include a dressing area.
3. Custom wardrobe closet: It is specifically designed for your needs. Customization is possible based on your preferences and requirements.
4. Portable wardrobe: It is perfect for those who don’t have a lot of space and move frequently. It is small in size and compact but provides enough space for your belongings.
Make sure to choose the closet that meets your needs and fits your space requirements.
Best Modern Wardrobe Designs for Bedroom
1. Wooden Modern Wardrobe Interior Design
There are a variety of wardrobe designs available in the market, but if you want something that will never go out of style and can be passed from generation to generation, then opt for a wooden wardrobe. They are not only long-lasting and strong, but they also provide your bedroom with an air of refined sophistication.
Furniture made of wood like oak, maple, cherry, and pine are some of the most often used types of wood. There are a variety of options available to choose from, such as paint or lacquer.
2. Modern Wardrobe Interior Design with Dressing Table
A perfect way to keep your bedroom looking modern and chic is to use a wardrobe design with a dressing table, which not only provides you with ample storage space for all your clothes and belongings but will also give you a space to get ready in the morning.
3. Cupboard Design # 1
If you’re interested in contemporary wardrobe design for the bedroom, then you don’t need to go beyond the cupboard. Cabinets are used to increase the storage space in your bedroom without taking a large area. They can be freestanding or built into the wall. They are available in a wide variety in terms of size and form. If you have limited space, you may want to look into a corner cupboard with sliding doors.
Wood is the most used and common option for cabinetry however, you can get them made from other materials like plastic, glass, or even metal.
4. Closet Design
All of us want to wear clothes that look good on us. The problem is finding the perfect wardrobe design to complement your figure. The following are some great options to consider if you are looking for modern wardrobe designs that will complement your bedroom:
- Organize all your clothes and accessories in a sleek and simple close.
- A walk-in closet with built-in shelves and drawers lets you organize everything just how you want.
5. Almirah Design # 1
Wood is the best material for wardrobes, and they can be designed and assembled on the site. In-built wooden wardrobe design are great, and if they are free-standing, they also allow freedom to move around. So, they can be used for multipurpose.
6. Aluminium Modern Wardrobe Interior Design
If you want a lightweight wardrobe, then an aluminium wardrobe is an excellent option to choose from because it provides a lightweight wardrobe, and it is also on the cheaper side.
Additionally, this silver-grey metal has charm and beauty, adding a bit of industrial flare to a room.
7. Sliding Door Modern Wardrobe Interior Design
It is a great space saver. The sliding wardrobe is elegant even if space is not a concern. Sliding wardrobe design for the bedroom are easy to operate and allow for easy access to the clothes or items inside.
8. Modern Wardrobe Design with Mirrors
Mirror wardrobes are suitable for small homes. They not only make the room look more spacious but also save space for a mirror because a mirror is already fitted in it and also adds a charming touch.
9. Glass Door Modern Wardrobe Design
If you are comfortable displaying some of the contents of your closet, then you can go for a glass door wardrobe design. But they are high on maintenance and expensive. They are sturdy as well, depending upon the quality of the glass.
10. Classic Cupboard Design
These types of wardrobes never go out of fashion and are popular because of their time-tested elegance.
11. Wardrobe with Built-in Shoe Rack
A separate cabinet for footwear means another piece of furniture occupying some more space. Wardrobe design with built-in footwear space are popular in apartments in cities. The footwear space is mainly built at the bottom of the wardrobe.
12. Steel Modern Wardrobe Design
This type of multipurpose steel wardrobe works best for those who frequently have to move to new cities or homes. They are also sturdy and cost-effective.
It also gives your home an informal look. Since everything is on display in this wardrobe, you must keep it tidy.
13. Colors for Your Designer Almirah
You can always add a splash of color to your wardrobe design if you find neutral colors too dull. The following images will give you a better idea.
14. Wooden Modern Wardrobe Design
15. Blue Wardrobe Design
If you want something different from the often-used white or wooden color for your wardrobe. You can go for a blue color wardrobe. You don’t need to worry about blue since it blends with almost every color.
16. Dark Shade Wardrobe
Built-in dark color wardrobe design can add a rich and luxurious look to the bedroom. However, darker shades require more lighting to make all things visible.
17. Dressing Table for the Master Bedroom Modern Wardrobe
The master bedroom would typically have more space than any other bedroom in the house, so it would be perfect to have a wardrobe with a dressing table in the master bedroom.
18. Save More Space by Designing Your Wardrobe in the Corner
19. Modern Wardrobe Design for Bedroom
20. Elegant White Cabinet Design
21. Modern Cabinet Design
22. Modern White Wardrobe
23. Luxury, Classic-style Walk-in Closet
24. Bedroom Wardrobe Designs
When looking for the perfect wardrobe design for the bedroom, a variety of different wardrobe designs are available in the market.
25. Sleek and Simple Bedroom Wardrobe Design
A sleek and simple wardrobe design is best for those people who want a clean and simple look in their bedroom. It is typically made of wood or laminate and has a sleek, minimalist design.
26. Contemporary Bedroom Wardrobe Design
Perfect for those who want a contemporary look in their bedroom. This type of wardrobe is usually made up of wood or metal and has a more angular design.
27. Traditional Bedroom Wardrobe Design
A traditional bedroom needs a traditional wardrobe design, too, which is made up of wood and has a more traditional design with ornate details.
28. Ceiling Wardrobe
This type of wardrobe is one that is hung from the ceiling instead of placed on the floor. It also saves space in your bedroom, making it ideal for small space. a metal frame wardrobe is the basic wardrobe that is hung from the ceiling and has shelves or hanging rods inside. For a luxurious look bedroom wardrobe consider a ceiling wardrobe with glass doors. This will give your bedroom an elegant feel.
29. Walk-in Wardrobes
A bedroom will always look nice and put together if there is a walk-in closet because it is the ideal method to store your clothing. There is a wide variety of designs available, and each one can be customized according to the requirements of an individual.
One of the significant advantages of a walk-in closet is that it enables you to see all of your garments at once, As a result, you can easily locate the item you are looking for within your collection.
30. Wardrobe without Drawer
For a clean and contemporary look of bedroom wardrobe, this particular kind of wardrobe is ideal. It is the most common and well-liked closet layout for a bedroom wardrobe without drawers; this does not take up as much room and may be pushed up against the wall.
31. Okinawa Four-door Wardrobe
Want to design a stylish wardrobe for your bedroom? Look at the Mintwud Okinawa 4 Door Wardrobe with a Mirror in 37. There are four doors on this sophisticated wardrobe, in a chocolate finish, and a mirror for convenience.
It is a great way to organize your garments and accessories. It is much easier to make yourself presentable in the morning with the help of the mirror. Additionally, the chocolate finish will give your bedroom a sophisticated look. This elegant Okinawa 4-door wardrobe design with a Mirror in Chocolate Finish is constructed with superior components. Additionally, it will continue to serve its purpose for a long time due to its robustness and long-lasting qualities.
Let us help you organize all your clothing and accessories neatly in one place by placing your order now.
32. Almirah Design # 2
33. Cupboard Design # 2
34. Wardrobe Interior Design
35. Dressing Wardrobe
36. Almirah Design Wardrobe
If your old wardrobe doesn’t allow you to organize your clothes and other miscellaneous items conveniently, consider investing in closet organizers. You no longer need to reorganize your wardrobe and can place all sorts of things neatly inside.
37. Child-proof Your Wardrobe
If you have small children at home, you should also child-proof your wardrobe. If you do this, there are no chances of your little ones getting hurt in minor mishaps.
38. Pink Wardrobe Design
39. Wardrobe for Flats and Apartments
40. Modern Wardrobe Design for Bedroom
There are a vast number of varieties available for different wardrobe design for the bedroom, and it’s pretty challenging to choose which one is right for you.
Wooden wardrobe designs with dressing tables, Cupboard designs, Closet designs, Almirah designs, Bedroom wardrobe design, Ceiling wardrobe designs, Walk-in wardrobe designs, walk-in Wardrobe without Drawers, and Okinawa 4 4-door wardrobe With Mirror In Chocolate Finish Mintwud are just a few of the best options available for a modern wardrobe that makes a statement while keeping your space organized.
Wardrobe Design Tips
1. Ensure that all of your winter clothing is neatly folded and stored safely in your wardrobe. It is best not to hang them since it affects the fabric.
2. What kind of clothes are worn more frequently depends on the season. Wearing light clothing during the summer is more common than wearing warm clothes during the winter. It is essential that your wardrobe is arranged in such a way that seasonal clothing can be easily accessed.
3. It’s a great idea to use the lower portion of your wardrobe as a shoe rack but keep in mind that your footwear gathers dust and dirt over time. Before putting it back in your closet, it must be thoroughly cleaned.
4. It is common for clothes to develop a musty smell if they are not used for a long time. You should wear your clothes regularly. Naphthalene balls absorb odors, so do not keep too many on hand.
5. Clothes that lie in your wardrobe for a long time without attention may deteriorate. Reshuffle your wardrobe design regularly, and start wearing those ignored clothes that you haven’t used in a while.
6. If you live in cities like Mumbai or Delhi, which have water bodies nearby, your wardrobe is likely to be infested by termites. To prevent infestation, it is advisable to have pest control work done regularly.
7. Any metal wardrobe with worn hinges will creak eventually, whether it’s made of steel, iron, or another metal. Maintain regular grease maintenance and wipe away excess grease to keep your clothes in good condition.
8. Having sliding doors in your wardrobe is a space saver, but they may require more frequent repairs than standard doors.
9. Stuffing your wardrobe is not a good idea. As a result of being stuffed, clothes will become creased, or other materials may be damaged. There is a limit to the amount of load that can be put on the wardrobe.
10. The shock-absorbing capacity of wardrobes made of aluminium is less than that of steel. Therefore, you should handle it carefully and avoid shifting it.
Would you like to update the decor of your bedroom? Take a look at these ten modern wardrobe design ideas that will instantly upgrade your bedroom. When you’ve chosen the look you love, make sure to follow our tips on how to arrange your wardrobe to make the most of your space. Simple changes can transform your bedroom wardrobe into a stylish and functional one that meets all your storage needs.